CDL: The Beginning
1941 The Child Development Laboratory began as a half-day program for preschool children housed in the English Building.
The Child Development Laboratory (CDL) building was built.
The Early Child Development Laboratory (ECDL) opened to expand the ages and numbers of children served by the CDL.
- One Program, Two Buildings!
The CDL and ECDL buildings serve a total of 192 children aged six weeks to four years of age from the campus and community.
- High-Quality Child Care
The CDL program has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1990.
- CDL Building
96 children attend the half-day and full-day classes offered for two to five year olds in the CDL building.
- Lab School Functions
The CDL building was specifically designed to support teaching, research, and outreach.